If there is a need for plastic surgery, the surgeons of Hadassah Hospital, the leading medical centel in Israel, are the best choice.
The Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery deals with the treatment of burns and scars, soft tissue injuries, as well as reconstruction operations for birth defects, such as cleft palate, craniofacial anomalies, deformation of the auricle, congenital vascular defects, pigment abnormalities.
In addition, the department performs operations to remove malignant and benign neoplasms of the skin and its restoration, correction and reconstruction of the breast after removal of malignant tumors.
Plastic surgeons working at Hadassah University Hospiatl cope with the tasks that can be completed only by a few experts from the USA, in particular the removal of giant nevi covering the whole body, several types of nasal or auricular reconstruction. While prices in the hospital are much lower than in American clinics, Hadassah exceeds large medical institutions of the USA or Western Europe when it comes to the standards of humane attitude and personal approach.
In other spheres plastic surgeons from Hadassah Hospital also maintain a very high level — they often appear in news and reports published by the global press, performing high-class esthetic procedures for celebrities and public figures, returning the normal appearance to children suffering from congenital defects or traumas. The mastery of a surgeon skills is the main factor for successful plastic surgery. Any defect in the appearance or just the dissatisfaction with it affects greatly the psychological condition of a human and his/her relatives, especially concerning visible body parts. The dream to change the appearance and worries not to obtain the desired result make thousands of men and women search for the specialists abroad.
A united team of a world-class physicians works at the department. Since 2013, prof. Alexander Margulis, is one of the most experienced specialists in Israel, has been the head of the Plastic Surgery Department. After a two-year internship in Chicago, professor has been performing surgeries on the reconstruction of congenital and acquired defects of various difficulty in adults and children for more than 26 years. Alexander Margulis also manages the paediatric division of the department. Patients from Greece, Cyprus, Jordan, and other countries of the world come to the professor’s clinics. In Hadassah, Alexander Margulis has performed over 8,000 successful surgeries, including over 6,000 among children.
The head of the Breast Reconstruction Division and Microsurgery Centre, doctor Neta Adler has been performing restoring surgeries on breasts, changing their shapes and volume for over 18 years using unique methods which are totally safe for health (TRAM, DIEP flaps).
Doctor Carol Pidhorz is the head of the Microsurgery Division, specialist in surgery of hand and upper extremities with more than 22 years of experience. Thanks to her master ship, hundreds of patients were able to preserve their hands, fingers, or get them restored.
Many other world-class experts also work at the department. Knowledge, sophisticated methods, unique techniques, and a great desire to help even in the most complex situations allow these physicians to return a full-fledged life to thousands of adults and children.
A FULL RANGE OF SERVICES IS PROVIDED AT HADASSAH UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
Just few Israeli clinics can boast with the same amount of services, as usually only a specific set of esthetic and reconstructive surgery procedures is available there. In Jerusalem, the patient will be provided with all kinds of assistance required, and he/she will receive the treatment from world-class experts. In many countries physicians do not try to restore large lesions affecting different body systems that require narrow specialists. However, many traumas, burns, tumours are not limited to the skin, affecting bones, tendons, and nerves as well. Thus, the multidisciplinary approach is applied in Israel: physicians of the department perform plastic microsurgical and reconstructive surgeries on the whole body, involving the experts of other specialties if necessary.
In the hospital you will find constantly updated modern equipment; prices for plastic surgeries that are acceptable not only compared to average Israeli costs, but also to prices in Western countries; innovative methods; and a large list of restoring, reconstructive, and rejuvenating interventions.
* During the rhinoplasty, the newest computer program allowing to model the nasal appearance according to the patient’s wishes is used efficiently. This is an important preparation step, as the nose greatly affects facial proportions and balance. Contour changes are possible with surgical and non-surgical methods (injections of various substances).
* Congenital defects and traumas of the nasal septum impairing the respiration are corrected with the laser septoplasty without risks of bleeding, infections, postoperative hematoma.
* Thanks to an accurate computed modeling in the Hadassah Hospital, results of blepharoplasty always meet the patient’s expectations. Doctors can change the eye shape, correct the drooping eyelid, eliminate swelling, remove small and deep wrinkles.
Correction of ear protrusion, auricular reconstruction, and many other procedures are also performed at the highest level in the department.
* The mammoplasty (breast enlargement, reduction, correction of breast asymmetry) presumes the use of endoscopy and dissections in hidden locations (axillary, submammary, periareolar), nullifying the risk of complications and making scars invisible. When correcting breast size and shape, high-quality implants or the proper patient’s fatty tissue can be used. In the latter case, this simultaneously decreases the fat pad volume in the anterior abdominal wall or buttocks. Cutting-edge outpatient methods of non-surgical correction allow to preserve the effect for 3 and more years. Even during the preparation step the female patient can see how her breasts will look like after the surgery. This is possible due to the newest computed modeling software, accounting for all details and individual features.
* Modern liposuction methods, many of which has been used only in the Hadassah Hospital, help to correct figure drawbacks and remove excessive fat masses. The fatty layer is reduced with laser, radiofrequency, ultrasound, tumescent (chemical, irritating) effects under local anesthesia or sedation. This decreases negative manifestations of general anesthesia, making the recovery period shorter.
* Abdominoplasty is performed together with the liposuction or separately from it. This helps to make the abdomen flat and to improve the waist line. Abdominoplasty helps to get rid of “weak” points (hernias, rectus muscle diastasis) and visual defects (stretch marks, scars).
For those wishing to look 10-15 years younger, the facial skin is tucked up using an endoscopic method. The excess fat is removed (liposuction) — it can also be transplanted to emphasize the corrected zone. SMAS-lifting (deep muscle-aponeurotic layer fixation) is used to restore the facial contour, preserving the effect for a long time.
After abrupt weight loss, the skin of the body and extremities can be tucked up as well. Many rejuvenating procedures are performed simultaneously under local anesthesia to decrease the negative impact of general anesthesia.
After partial breast resection or mastectomy Doctor Adler usually performs breast reconstruction using innovative methods called TRAM (skin and fatty tissue transplant from the middle part of the patient’s abdomen) and DIEP flap (transplant of the skin fragment and fat from the lower part of the abdominal wall). Such decision is not only effective in cases of small skin flaps — it is also esthetic and absolutely harmless. Doctor Neta Adler obviously recognizes the female wish to have beautiful breasts and associated psychological difficulties. But being an experienced oncological surgeon, she cannot help thinking about the female health in general. Besides, many people understand the dangers of breast cancer and, being predisposed to its development, are ready to remove breasts with prophylactic purposes.
Extraordinary plastic surgeries in Israel, including those without implants, save women`s lives and allow patients to feel confident while staying feminine.
Cutting-edge methods of laser peeling performed with the infrared CO2 LASER eliminate scars, acne, wrinkles.
Chemical peeling is based on several modern drugs.
Physicians of Hadassah accurately calculate their concentration and exposure time.
GET RID OF EXCESSIVE SWEATING!
Hyperhidrosis is treated with subcutaneous injections of a special filler decreasing the sweat gland innervation.
The alternative method presumes partial excision of branches of nerves regulating sweating in armpits.
The role of plastic surgery in pediatrics becomes more and more important. In Israel, this sphere is of special attention: hundreds of children are transferred every year to the Hadassah Clinic for reconstructive procedures to eliminate congenital or acquired defects, results of traumas and burns.
PEDIATRIC SKIN GRAFTING
The main amount of procedures concerning skin restoration is performed in preschool children, though according to the professor Alexander Margulis, the majority of skin pathologies (small and large nevi) should be removed in the new-born age, as postoperative scars become invisible as the child grows. The following procedures are performed in the department:
* Excision of nevi, vascular defects, pigmented spots, scars. After excision of nevi 15-20 cm in diameter and large-sized scars, no significant cosmetic defects are detected. The esthetic appearance is restored by transplanting the skin flap harvested in the patient him/herself or the donor. Professor Margulis uses the innovative method of distending the adjacent skin area — a synthetic balloon is put under the skin that is gradually filled with a saline solution. The excessive skin formed is used to close the wound.
* The balloon with the saline solution is also used in the treatment of burns. Innovative dressings, refreshment of necrotic tissues, the negative pressure method accelerating surface cleaning and healing are used as well.
* Scars or keloids are excised until complete disappearance or treated with the laser.
* Malignant and benign skin tumors are excised using a layer-by-layer MOC technique (MOHS). The procedure may last for several hours — to avoid relapses or metastases, each section is analyzed for the presence of cancer cells in the laboratory. However, vascular tumor (hemangioma) excision in newborns lasts only 30 minutes. It is important to refer to the clinic timely, before the lesion grows deeper into soft tissues, which makes the surgeon work more difficult.
Related specialists (ENT physicians, dentists) are often called to help with corrections of congenital craniofacial defects. Patients with the cleft lip defect are operated in the Hadassah Clinic since the age of two months, while those with the cleft palate defect — since the age of 10 months.
The impaired skullbox development is often detected in the form of flattened posterior skull due to early fontanelle closure — this is corrected with non-surgical methods (physiotherapy, special helmets). In March 2018, 9 physicians of the Hadassah Hospital went on a trip to Mexico, where they performed successful surgeries on 23 children whom local physicians could not help at all. The majority of children suffered from the cleft palate.
Auricles are reconstructed in Hadassah Hospital in children starting from the age of 7. An autograft (cartilage from the patient’s rib) is used, which excludes the possibility of rejection and minimizes side effects. Then ENT specialists deal with hearing restoration.
Professor Pidhorz is the only Israeli specialist performing restorative microsurgical interventions in neurovascular bundle lesions both in adults and children.
The microsurgical plasty is used in Hadassah Hospital in the setting of tendinous lesions most commonly observed in hands. This presumes the transfer of ligaments restoring normal finger functions. The microsurgery is also important in traumas, congenital defects, oncology.
Nonhealing wounds, traumas are also skillfully treated in the clinic; correction of protruding ears is performed too, as well as dozens of other esthetic and reconstructive surgical interventions.